Thursday, April 2, 2015

little artists. BIG world: The Beginning.

hello everyone and welcome! This is my first post to my new blog. I have been wanting to create a blog to share my little artists' classroom experiences with the BIG world! Sadly, like almost all things, I just couldn't find the time. Thank you to my amazing principal who came up with a neat motivator for our teachers here at my school, I have been motivated to kick start my little art blog and start sharing with the world!

My name is Miss Cerk and I teach visual arts to the elementary level, Kindergarten to Fifth, at a Title 1 school in the Houston, TX area to about 800 AMAZING little artists. Each student that walks through my classroom door enters a real art studio that we all get to share while entering a world of imagination, magic, wonderment, and exploration. Whether these little artists know it or not, they are going on a journey through time as they explore the BIG world we live in through the wonderful world of art.

I am hoping to post an arrangement of things to my blog including, but not limited to, grade level art projects, visual art programs and activities, classroom management, along with tips and tricks of the trade! It will be a work in progress and a learning experience as I continue to grow this little blog and join the wonderful community that comes with it.


For anyone interested, this is what our "Watch Us Grow: Tic-Tac-Toe" teacher worksheet looked like: 

Maybe pick a few and try some out for yourself! This is what really helped kickstart the blog I've always wanted to have. You never know what could spark a bit of passion and make you more devoted to what you love.



No comments:

Post a Comment