Tuesday, April 7, 2015

first grade: impressionistic backgrounds.

Today my first graders continued learning about our good friend, Mr. Vincent Van Gogh and his post-impressionistic painting style. They got to experience it on their own! Three paints were set out and students were to dip their brush (not swirl) and paint short, little strokes about their papers to create a sense of movement for their tables and backgrounds! I was so impressed with the outcomes I broke out the iPAD and snapped a few pictures to share. I'm so proud of my little artists! I of course got bizarre remarks about why I was taking pictures of them, but I ignored and snapped away!



You've probably guessed it by now! My little first grade artists are creating their very own version of Vincent Van Gogh's Sunflowers!



No comments:

Post a Comment