Wednesday, April 8, 2015

fourth grade: anti-bullying campaign.

I've been wanting to incorporate a type of digital or photography lesson into my curriculum for some time, but due to lack of technology for a full class-size, I have always stuck to tradition means of making art. This year, my school purchased a set of 10 iPADs that can be checked out by a teacher and be used by the students. I used this to my advantage and being inspired by a blog post I saw and the artist Barbara Krugar, I had my fourth graders band together and create an ANTI-BULLYING CAMPAIGN POSTER! The wall is an inspiration and so many fourth grade artists are proud of their work. Many people have stopped in their tracks to look at the wonderful wall of inspiring and positive ways to prevent and put a STOP to BULLYING. They have the whole school talking about these incredible compositions.



my fourth graders:


  1. came up with a short, inspiring, and positive anti-bullying slogan
  2. designed several different thumbnail sketch compositions for their photo idea
  3. used props or models in their photograph and took it with an iPAD
  4. learned about cropping + filters and chose their favorite B+W filter for their photo
  5. glued their red-text slogan to their B+W photo
Here are a couple of their fantastic ideas and masterpieces!












No comments:

Post a Comment